Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Master" Bathroom.....

Well, I think to call this room a "master bathroom" would be a stretch.  It is by definition an en suite bathroom, but when we first looked at this house I didn't see anything "masterful" about it.  In fact, it was almost a deal breaker. I just couldn't see anything positive about it at first.  I begged and pleaded with my dear husband to just knock down the wall between this bathroom and the other one (right next door) to make one huge jack/jill type bathroom.  He quickly reminded me that every penny spent in this house is a penny not spent on the house we plan to build.  Ok.....regroup.  So I made a list of the things that HAD to be changed and we just went down that list.  Which in the end resulted in ripping out the vanity, flooring, lighting, and wallpaper.  I know that I'm a tall girl, but the height of the vanity was ridiculous.  It barely came above my knees. I'm not exaggerating.  (Ok....maybe I am a little)  If you compare the before and after photos and look at the door latch in the door frame for reference you can really see how much shorter the old vanity was.  Holy cow!  The wallpaper made me nauseous.  Now let me be honest.....I am not anti-wallpaper. In fact, there are some patterns that I LOVE!  But, after all the wallpaper I've been scraping off the walls of this house, I'm not sure I will ever hang any in my house for the rest of my life.  It is not a fun job.  And there is NO easy way to do it.  I have one more room to go.  I thought of having a little "wallpaper peeling party" with my best girls and getting some pizza and some (10-12) bottles of wine.  Expect those invites soon.  Hehe!  But, I digress.....!  We plan to sell this home in a year or two, so we are trying (very hard for me) to stay boring neutral with most things that we pick out.  The wall color in here is Sherwin Williams Latte.  We ripped up the laminate  floor and laid a neutral brown tile.  We traveled to three different Lowe's stores before finally finding the right vanity.  I  love the quartz countertop that we picked out!  I am wanting to someday possibly have quartz countertops in my kitchen, so I thought this was a good opportunity to see what I thought of it on a daily basis.  So far, I LOVE it!  We still haven't put the molding back up yet, I haven't gotten around to painting it.  I also plan to hang a bamboo shade.  Well.....here's the tour.....what do you think?
Before

After!

Our fabulous tile job!  (And yes, we did ALL this work ourselves.  Didn't hire anyone to help....putting more pennies in the "housebuilding fund"!!)

Shower curtain from Wal-Mart and I love the pattern on it.  This bathroom also has some amazing built-in storage.....definitely a plus!


Sand from Hawaii.  I didn't go there....my mom did.  But I HAD to have some of that georgous pepper sand to motivate me to start saving for a trip!

This soap makes me want to eat my hands after I wash them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment